Installing wireless lan in fc8

دوشنبه ۲۹ بهمن ۱۳۸۶


In this post, I am going to share my experience on installing wireless lan (Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Mini-PCI Express Adapter) of my Lenovo T60 on FC8 (I think it should work for all fedoras).

When I first intalled FC8 on my laptop, the wireless works well. But after a while (about 2 hours or less), it stopped working. If you have the same problem or something similar, this post may help you.

1- Install ieee80211 and ieee80211-kmdl-`uname -r` using either rpm or yum. I, myself, used यम:
yum -y install ieee80211 ieee80211-kmdl-`uname -r`

2- Install iwlwifi-firmware.
yum -y install iwlwifi-firmware

You can check if it has beb installed correctly using:
ifconfig wlan0 up
iwlist wlan0 scanning

3- Install ipw3945 and some other tools using the following command:

yum -y install ipw3945

4- After that your wireless should be start working। But to enable it to obtain dynamic ip, install dkms-ipw3945 package.

yum -y install dkms-ipw3945

I found what should I do in here and here.


هیچ نظری موجود نیست: